As you may know, we planned to travel to Peru in June to attend the annual Pastors and Leaders Conference of the National Association of Evangelical Churches of Christ of Peru. However, because the conference was postponed until August due to the denomination’s anniversary, we changed our plans. August was not a good time for us to travel, so after much prayer and consideration, we scheduled our trip for September. That will coincide with the anniversary celebration of our first “adopted” son and daughter’s church, Immanuel Bible Church. Immanuel has exploded numerically, and our kids, Pastor Jose and Raquel Vicente, have done a wonderful job of reaching out to the community and changing lives. They are raising money to build a new church building to accommodate the amazing growth they are experiencing.
We will speak at a marriage workshop during Immanuel’s anniversary celebration. We will also be ministering in several churches in Lima, and likely do additional workshops as well. We have so many connections there that we can pretty much arrange our own itinerary. But we will also rely on help from our Peru “family” and friends, to make sure we make effective use of our time.
We purchased out tickets this week. I found the best ticket price to Lima in several years at $850 each. This is about $300 cheaper than our tickets last year. God is good!
Prayer requests for the trip include:
1. Please pray for Marsha’s health (and mine). Shortly after returning to the US, Marsha is planning to have knee replacement surgery. The specific request is that her back problems with which she is also suffering, and her knees, will hold up. In fact, please stand with us in prayer for her complete healing. I’m in good health. Please pray I stay that way!
2. For us to accept the right opportunities to minister. There are so many churches that want us to be with them, and so few days to touch all of them. We want to choose, wisely, the churches that need the greatest encouragement from the Lord through us
3. For us to hear from God and to share, effectively, what He would have us share in each church where we minister.
4. For hearts to be open to receive what the Lord has for those in the churches.
5. For wisdom to not “bite off more than we can chew” schedule-wise.
6. For the remaining funds we need for the trip to come in. Though we received a very generous offering from a church in Oklahoma that supports our work in Peru, we need at least $1200 more to cover food, lodging and miscellaneous expenses.
If you want to help us financially, please make your gift to Word of Life Fellowship, and memo “Dixons-Peru” or something similar so the church office will know the purpose of your gift. The church address is 808 SW 14th St. Bentonville AR 72712.
Thank you for your prayers and support. We will be updating you as our itinerary shapes up. And, of course, we’ll also keep you posted on what’s happening while we’re there.